Environmental Factor, August 2007, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Calendar of Upcoming Events
- August 1 in Rodbell, 11:00-12:30 - Summers of Discovery Seminar Series featuring Farhad Imani, Ph.D., speaking on "Respiratory Virus Infections and Immune Responses"
- August 3 in Rodbell, 9:00-10:00 - Frontiers in Environmental Sciences Lecture Series, Speaker and Topic TBA
- August 6 in Rodbell, 10:00-11:30 - DIR Scientific Director Candidate Seminar featuring Rudy Juliano, Ph.D., speaking on "Integrin-Mediated Control of Cell Signaling Events"
- August 6 (Off Campus Event) in Alexandria, Va., 8:30-5:00 NTP CERHR Bisphenol A Expert Panel Meeting II
- August 6 (Off Campus Event) in the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center Plaza Conference Room, 5:00 -Norman Sharpless, M.D., speaking on Murine Models of Lung Cancer
- August 7 in the Executive Conference Room, 12:00-1:00 - Receptor Mechanisms Discussion Group featuring Karen Adelman, Ph.D., speaking on "Poised Polymerases: Sitting in the Starting Gates and Ready to Respond"
- August 7 in Rodbell, 4:00-5:00 - NTP Q&A Session with DIR Scientific Director Candidate Rudy Juliano, Ph.D.
- August 8 in Rodbell, 11:00-12:30 - Summers of Discovery Seminar Series featuring Jack Taylor, M.D., Ph.D., speaking on "A Random Walk Through Biomedical Careers and Gene Polymorphisms"
- August 10 in Rodbell, 9:00-10:00 - Frontiers in Environmental Sciences Lecture Series featuring Redford Williams, M.D., addressing the topic of "Stressful Social Environments and Genes: Effects on Mental and Physical Well-Being"
- August 10 in Rodbell, 1:00-2:30 - Seminar: "DNA Processing in Auto-Immune Disease" by Fred Perrino, Ph.D.
- August 15 in Rodbell and environs, 8:00-5:00 - Friends and Family Day
- August 16 in Rodbell, 8:00-6:00 - Conference: Network Approaches to Investigating Environmental Influences on Human Disease
- August 17 in Rodbell, 9:00-10:00 - Frontiers in Environmental Sciences Lecture Series featuring Ken Olden, Ph.D.
- August 22 in D-350, 12:00-1:00 - LMG Seminar Series with Stephanie Nick McElhinny, Ph.D., speaking on "Leading- and Lagging-Strand Polymerases"
- August 27-29 (Off Campus Event) at Durham Marriott - Conference: "Endocrine Disruptor Research: Basic Biology, Mechanisms, and Translation to Human Health Risk"
- August 31 in Rodbell, 9:00-10:00 - Frontiers in Environmental Sciences Lecture Series with Donald M. Anderson, Ph.D., cautioning his audience, "Don't Eat the Clams: Managing the Threat from the New England Red Tide"