Environmental Factor, February 2006, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Up and Coming
- The area from the Library exit near the Fitness Center will be under construction Feb. 6-March 8 to improve accessibility to the Fitness Room and improve the climate control in the library. Call Carol Bennett at 541-3763 or e-mail at email@example.com for questions or comments.
- The Health and Safety Branch will be offering the American Red Cross Adult CPR/AED Training Course on Feb. 7. The course includes cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillator skills that can help save lives from sudden cardiac arrest. The course will be in the Rodbell Auditorium, conference room C. Participants who complete the course will be certified by the Red Cross for one year. To register, call HSB at 541-3384. The class is limited to 12 people.
- Blacks In Government and the Diversity Council will sponsor an Obesity Forum Feb. 14 from 2-4 p.m. in the Rodbell Auditorium. The program is in observance of Black History Month.
- The EPA Legacy Luncheon will be held on Feb. 16 at the Radisson Hotel from noon to 1:30 p.m. The 2006 Black History Month theme is, "Celebrating Community: A Tribute to Black Fraternal, Social and Civic Institutions." The speaker is Freddie Parker, a North Carolina Central University professor. The event is sponsored by the Research Triangle Park chapter of Blacks in Government. Tickets for the buffet lunch are $22. To purchase tickets, call one of the following NIEHS employees: East Campus Veronica Godfrey, 541-2238
Main Campus Kim Peterson, 541-3120
Annette Rice, 541-4410
Margaret George, 541-4592
- Cecil Pickett, Senior Vice-President of Schering-Plough Research Institute, will be the guest speaker at the Rodbell Auditorium Feb. 23 at 2 p.m. in observance of Black History Month. Blacks in Government and the Diversity Council will co-sponsor the event.
- The NIEHS and University of North Carolina will sponsor an Environmental Polymorphisms Registry recruitment drive to collect blood samples from 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Feb. 27-March 3 in the following Rodbell Auditorium rooms: Monday, Feb. 27 - Rodbell C
Tuesday, Feb. 28 - Rodbell C
Wednesday, Mar. 1 - Rodbell A
Thursday, Mar. 2 - Rodbell C
Friday, Mar. 3 - Rodbell C