Environmental Factor, February 2005, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Up and Coming
- The NIH Work/Life Center will videocast the following presentations:
- The NIH ombudsman will be at NIEHS Feb. 7-8 for consultation on work-related issues. To schedule an appointment, contact Kevin Jessar on his private line at (301) 594-9550. For more information, go to http://www4.od.nih.gov/ccr/(http://www4.od.nih.gov/ccr/) .
- "Screen Issues: Taming the Electronic Monsters in Your Home." Feb. 9.
- "Investments 101." Feb. 17.
- "A Nursing Home is not your Only Choice." Feb. 23.
All presentations will be videocast from noon until 1:30 p.m. They can be viewed by going to: http://videocast.nih.gov(http://videocast.nih.gov) .
- The NIEHS Diversity Council will host the Black History Month presentation Feb. 16 from 3 to 4 p.m., with Genna Rae McNeil, professor of history at the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill. The presentation will be held in the Rodbell Auditorium, conference room B.
- The Research Triangle Chapter of Blacks in Government (BIG) and the NIEHS Office of Clinical Research will host the 2005 Black History Month celebration on health disparities. The program, "Obesity: A Leading Predictor for Health Disparities and Early Death," will be Feb. 24 from 10 a.m. until noon in the Rodbell Auditorium, conference room 101B. The Office of Management is hosting a Basic Project Officer course Feb. 28-March 3 at Nottingham Hall. The course requires supervisor approval. To register, go to: https://nominate.od.nih.gov/login.pl(https://nominate.od.nih.gov/login.pl) . For more information, contact Cynthia Radford at 541-1806.
- The NIEHS Work Life Center Career Counselor will be available Feb. 8 and Feb. 22 for private, confidential career consultation sessions. To schedule a session, call the NIH Work Life Center at (301) 435-1619. Career counseling is free for NIH employees.