Environmental Factor, December 2005, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
The third annual NIEHS Science Awards Day, held on Oct. 31, provided a forum for showcasing research at NIEHS as well as honored the Institute's best and brightest researchers.
The event included oral presentations from a number of researchers as well as poster sessions. The NIEHS Science Awards Day originated in the Office of the Scientific Director as a means of recognizing outstanding researchers within the intramural division. The 2005 awards and their recipients are:
- Early Career Award, Paul A. Wade, Ph.D., Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis.
- Scientist of the Year, Thomas A. Kunkel, Ph. D., Laboratory of Molecular Genetics.
- Mentor of the Year, William C. Copeland, Ph.D., Laboratory of Molecular Genetics.
- Best Poster Presentation in Environmental Biology, Daniel Menendez, Ph.D., Laboratory of Molecular Genetics.
- Best Poster Presentation in Environmental Diseases and Medicine, Kevin, W. Trotter, Ph.D., Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis.
- Best Poster Presentation in Environmental Toxicology, Michelle L. Bloch, Ph.D., Laboratory of Pharmacology and Chemistry.
- Best Oral Presentation, Björn Bauer, Ph.D., Laboratory of Pharmacology and Chemistry.
- Paper of the Year, from the Laboratory of Signal Transduction, Hermoso MA, Matsuguchi T, Smoak K, Cidlowski JA. Glucocorticoids and tumor necrosis factor alpha cooperatively regulate toll-like receptor 2 gene expression. Mol Cell Biol. 2004; 24:4743-56.