Office of Scientific Information Management (OSIM)
What We Do
We provide guidance and strategies in the acquisition, development, and deployment of scientific data and knowledge management solutions at NIEHS through the library, informationist, and data science programs. The mission of the Office of Scientific Information Management (OSIM) is to accelerate scientific discovery, foster collaborative research, and ultimately improve public health through the application of scientific data and knowledge management in the environmental health sciences.
Current Initiative & Programs
In addition to the ongoing research support provided by the NIEHS Library and Information Services and the Informationist program, OSIM is currently engaged in:
- Planning Data Science Training Sessions to increase researchers' skills in data analysis, visualization, machine learning, and graph analytics.
- Hosting the Data Science Seminar Series, featuring thought-leaders from research universities and the biomedical industry
- Representing NIEHS interests in several NIH Big Data 2 Knowledge (BD2K) initiatives, including the Sustainability Working Group and the Data Discovery Index Coordination Consortium
- Implementing pilot data management projects
- Coordinating the Data Science Interest Group
- Facilitating the Environmental Health Science Common Language standards